- Corazón Violento, Calligraphy Biennial, Sharjah, Arab Emirates, 400 cms x 200 cmsPaper2014"Corazón Violento" is a reflection of how someone from the rural area of Colombia with a dream to build a bright future, takes a wrong path in life due to the lack of any resources. It is the story of a young woman, entering the ranks as a "guerrillera" in the Farc fighting against the government and how she finally escaped from there.
Sharjah Calligraphy Biennial, 2014
- Corazón Violento 400 cms x 200 cmsSharjah Calligraphy Biennial, Sharjah, Arab Emirates2014
- Corazón Violento 400 cms x 200 cmsSharjah Calligraphy Biennial, Sharjah, Arab Emirates2014"Corazón Violento" is a reflection of how someone from the rural area of Colombia with a dream to build a bright future, takes a wrong path in life due to the lack of any resources. It is the story of a woman called Karina, entering the ranks as a “guerrillera” in the Farc fighting against the government and how she finally escaped from there.
- Trapped 200 cms x 180 cmsPaper Museum, Capellades, Spain2008Formed by the names of hundreds of people that were kidnapped by the Farc in Colombia in 2008
- So that you always remember me 100 cms x 185 cmsPaper Museum, Capellades, Spain2008With the names of 45 hostages by the FARC
- So that you always remember me - Detail - 100 cms x 200 cmsPaper - Paper Museum, Capellades, Spain2008Names of 45 hostages by the FARC
- Rages 200 cms x 170 cmsPaper2014Paper - Sharjah Calligraphy Biennial, Sharjah, Arab Emirates
- Rages (Detail) 200 cms x 170 cmsPaper - Calligraphy Biennial, Sharjah, Arabs Emirates, 20142009
- Obliviousness 50 cms x 300 cmsArt Space of the Technological University of Pereira, Colombia2015
- Stories of Leiden 450 cms x 170 cmsPaper installation with sound - Museum Het Leids Weverhuis, Leiden, Netherlands2007This works describe the history of a small weaver house from the 16th century in Leiden. It is both a testimony and a tribute to the house’s past and its capability to survive throughout the years. The text indicates the type of house it was, the names of those who lived there and show extracts from an interview that I made with the last two inhabitants of the weaver house.
- Stories of Immigrants (Detail of the Installation) 500 cms x 155 cmsPaper - Gallery Paul Bardwell, Colombo Americano, Medellin, Colombia2007Collection of texts based on interviews that I carried out with Colombians living in Holland. After transcribing the texts and choosing the ones to be used, I rewrote them with paper pulp.
What captivated my attention most was the common denominator found in all the life histories: leaving behind a country of origin in search of a wonderful dream and then confronting the harsh reality of coping with a totally different culture and language.
- So that you don't forget me 100 cms x 100 cmsPaper2008Work based on people’s names.
- The Dark Night 100 cms x 70 cmsPaper2007Fragments taken from the poem "The Dark Night" written in the 16th century by the Spanish mystic San Juan de la Cruz. I have been fascinated by the beauty of the poem, the rhythmical flow of the words and its meaning. The two paper pages are like an open book, where individual words seem to be trapped in a net, as if the was constrained to reach a higher reality.